We’re delighted to announce that 7 Days to Die, one of the most criminally underrated computer games of all time, is getting a big overhaul for the console versions. If you haven’t heard of 7 Days to Die, think Minecraft meets Walking Dead.
Without further ado, here are the developer’s notes for the latest update, and be sure to grab a copy if you haven’t yet. While the PC version continues to go from strength to strength, this console update will is brilliant news for players of the console version.
7 Days to Die [Console]
PS4 Version 1.14
XB1 Version 126.96.36.199
Patch 10 is coming up soon and it’s going to include a TON of new features and bug fixes. We have not been this excited about a release since we first launched the game on console! Check out the list below to see what’s in store.
For those of you who follow development of the PC version of 7 Days to Die, the features below will probably look pretty familiar! Some of these features will require you start a new game to experience them. We’ve broken them into 2 sections below. Check them out!
Will Work in Existing Saves
Updated Sky and Weather Effects
Sky and weather effects have been updated to be more immersive.
Item Combination and Repair
The workbench UI has been updated to allow players to combine items in order to make items of better quality. Any two items of the same type with a quality score (such as tools, weapons, and armor) can be placed into the workbench and a new item of better quality will be created. The workbench can also be used to repair items using other lower quality items as fuel. Workbenches can now also be disassembled with a wrench.
Lootable Gore Blocks
Zombies and their gore blocks have been updated so that when a zombie corpse decays into a gore block, the gore block can still be looted for the same loot that would have been looted off the zombie corpse. Along with this, zombies will decay into gore blocks a lot sooner than they used to and will often, when enough damage is done, instantly turn into gore blocks upon death.
Will Require New Saves
Over 50 new items have been added this patch. They will be available from a variety of sources but only to players that start new games in Patch 10. Some of these new Items include:
o New plants and harvestables
o Various new types of scrap
o A whole slew of new clothing items to be found
New Block Types
Over 100 new blocks have been added to the game. There are several that help flesh out existing block sets with new pieces (corners and arrow slits), toggleable lights, drawbridges, and a new crafting station. These blocks will only be available to players that start new games in Patch 10.
Farming has been improved in Patch 10. The concept of fertilized land has been added, along with 4 new seed types (Yucca, Mushrooms, Chrystanthemum, and Aloe). These new features will only be available to players that start new games in Patch 10.
Over 60 new recipes have been added to the game. Many of these have been added to complement the new Block Shapes and Farming features being added this patch, but a few exist to allow players to craft items that are already in the game. These new features will only be available to players that start new games in Patch 10.
A new crafting station, called the Chemistry Station has been added to the game. This station provides a way to craft many of the recipes you can craft on the campfire, using different, easier recipes and crafts those items in less time than the campfire.
Skills Updates and Balancing
Most of the changes done to the skills have been balancing ones. A lot of the changes were changing the level needed for next level requirements, changing the cost of some skills and the amount of experience needed to level those skills up. Two new skills were added (Chemistry Station and Breaking and Entering) and two were removed (10mm Round Crafting and Leather Tanning). These new features will only be available to players that start new games in Patch 10.
Bug Fixes and Improvements
· Fixed an issue causing the Basic Survival Quest 4/8 to require more wood than it takes to craft the Wooden Club
· Fixed an issue that allowed zombies to clip through doors and hatches while the player was upgrading them
· Fixed an issue that would prevent a player from standing after crouching in a 2×1 tunnel
· Fixed an issue causing throwing items to be thrown further and more quickly than intended
· Fixed an issue that would cause Yucca Plants to provide an additional fruit when shot
· Fixed an issue that allowed the player to get resources from animals before skinning/gutting them
· Fixed an issue that resulted in smelting guns yielding no materials
· Fixed an issue that would allow players to drop cooking tools while interacting with a fire or forge
· Fixed an issue that would make the placement indicator for signs appear green even when overlapping a location in which signs couldn’t be placed
· Fixed an issue that would cause the number of brass units gained from scrapping Duke’s Tokens to vary inconsistently based upon how many tokes the player was scrapping
· Fixed an issue that would cause the player to be unable to harvest the top of a corn plant if they harvested the bottom first
· Fixed an issue that would occasionally cause pipe bombs to land directly at the player’s feet when thrown
· Fixed an issue causing certain blocks to appear invisible from one side when upgraded
· Fixed an issue that caused Cotton Plants to be missing a texture
· Fixed an issue preventing Animal Hide Leg Armor from being displayed on the character model
· Fixed an issue causing the forge and campfire SFX to continue playing between exiting and loading a new save
· Fixed an issue that caused the water bottle icon to show incorrectly in the character tool belt after being filled
· Fixed an issue that caused SFX associated with cancelling an item in the crafting queue to play too loudly
· Fixed an issue that caused SFX associated footsteps to briefly become inaudible after the player would sprain/break a leg
· Fixed an issue that would cause the game to prompt the player to activate split-screen whenever they would exit the audio options
· Fixed an issue the would cause the session to temporarily freeze after cancelling crafting on a large quantity of items
What do you think of 7 Days to Die? Are you excited about the update? What features would you like to see? For more gaming news check out these awesome games from the past or how about a trailed for Red Dead Redemption 2?